How To Install Fixed Panel Windows
Start by measuring the openings you wish to enclose by the daylight opening, width & height.
• Measure height at 3 places, left-middle-right, and take the smallest measurement (see Image 1)
• Measure width at 3 places, bottom-middle-top and take the smallest measurement (see Image 2)
• Deduct 1/8th of an inch, from daylight opening width and height for correct fit
Measuring Instructions for odd shaped Fixed Panels
• Measure openings on all sides to determine daylight opening
• Deduct 1/4” of an inch from all measurements
• A rough sketch for quoting and ordering purposes is recommended
When the windows arrive handle the boxes with care. If using an exacto knife to slit the strapping be careful not to cut the vinyl or the screens.
Each window will arrive labelled with its dimensions, all windows have a 1″ flange around all four sides. You will install the screws through the flange into the structure. As a minimum use 1″ self-taping stainless steel screws, or pre-drill holes in flange and use regular screws.
1 – Check for correct fit by testing each window in its appropriate space
2 – Apply a bead of exterior caulking onto back side of flange and square the window into opening
3 – Fasten 1st screw into bottom left corner through the flange and 2nd screw through top left corner
4 – Fasten 3rd screw into top right corner through the flange and 4th screw through bottom right corner
5 – Fasten at least 2 more screws through the flange on both sides between the top and bottom screws
6 – Depending on the width, fasten at least 1 screw centered through the top and bottom flange